- ECOLOGICAL SAFETY OF CONSTRUCTION AND MUNICIPAL FACILITIES
- The Use and Hydraulic Accumulation of Wind Energy
- UDC 620.91:621.31
Mikhail I. BALZANNIKOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Samara State University of Economics, ul. Sovetskoi Armii, 141, Samara 443001, Russian Federation
Abstract. Modern trends in the use of renewable energy sources for electricity supply to consumers are considered. The intensive development of wind energy is due to a number of reasons, such as the support of the industry at the level of state legislation, improvement of design solutions for wind turbines and technology of manufacturing their components, the desire to implement projects more environmentally friendly to humans, the expansion of the use of wind power plants. The results of studies of the wind potential for the Middle Volga region, a region belonging to the zone of average wind action, are presented. The most significant shortcoming of providing consumers with electricity from wind installations is a direct dependence on the characteristics of the terrain wind. In order to increase the guarantee of electricity supply, it is recommended to build the wind farms in complex with pumped-storage power plants. Methods for estimating the economic efficiency of this power complex, justifying the optimal basic parameters, taking into account local conditions of power consumption, are given. The efficiency of application of wind flow concentrators, which makes it possible to increase the wind speed in the zone of its impact on the blades of the wind turbine, which is important for regions with an average wind potential, is shown. Methodical approaches to determine the useful volume of the higher elevation reservoir of the pumped-storage power plant intended for the accumulation of wind energy are considered in detail.
Key words: renewable energy sources, wind power plants, pumped storage power plants, concentrators of wind flow, justification of parameters.
1. Available at: http://www.energosovet.ru (accessed 17.05.2018). (In Russian).
2. Kuznecov M. V., Sidorov V. I., Sidorov V. V. On the use of wind energy resources. Energetika i transport. Izvestiya AN SSSR, 1980, no. 3, pp. 73-82. (In Russian).
3. Schefter Ya. I. Ispolzovanie energii vetra [Use of wind energy]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1983. 200 p. (In Russian).
4. Kartelev B. G., Ivashincov D. A., Kuznecov M. V. On the development of wind power and the prospects for large-scale use of wind energy in the Leningrad region. Trudy VNIIG im. B.E. Vedeneeva. Leningrad, 1988. Vol. 208. Pp. 32-96. (In Russian).
5. Bal'zannikov M. I., Evdokimov S. V. Effektivnost of use of wind power installations on the average Volga region. Regional'naya ekologiya, 1999, no. 1, pp. 113-116. (In Russian).
6. Elistratov V. V. Vozobnovlyaemaya ehnergetika [Renewable energy]. St. Petersburg, izd-vo Politehnicheskogo universiteta, 2016. 424 p. (In Russian).
7. Denisov R. S., Elistratov V. V., Gzenger Sh. Wind power in Russia: opportunities, barriers and development prospects. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbPU. Estestvennye i inzhenernye nauki, 2017, no. 2, pp. 17-27. (In Russian).
8. Balzannikov M. I. Ways of improving the design of wind power generating units. Energeticheskoe stroitelstvo. 1994, no. 10, pp. 14-24. (In Russian).
9. Bal'zannikov M. I., Evdokimov S. V. Research of influence of concentrators of a wind stream of wind-mill electric generating units. Izvestiya vuzov. Stroitel'stvo. 2006, no. 10, pp. 113-117. (In Russian).
10. Aleksashina V. V. Environmental problems of renewable energy sources. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2014, no. 2, pp. 63-66. (In Russian).
11. Bal'zannikov M. I., Evdokimov S. V., Galitskova Yu. M. Development of renewable energy sources as a great contribution to environment protection. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2014, no. 3, pp. 16-19. (In Russian).
12. Elistratov V. V., Konishchev M. A. Wind-diesel power plants for autonomous power supply in the northern territories of Russia. Al'ternativnaya ehnergetika i ekologiya, 2014, no. 11(151), pp. 62-70. (In Russian).
13. Sosnina E. N., SHaluho A. V., Lipuzhin I. A., Aleksandrova T. A. Technical and economic analysis of application of wind-diesel power stations for power supply of energy-remote settlements. Trudy NGTU im. R. E. Alekseeva, 2016, no. 1, pp. 65-72. (In Russian).
14. Bal'zannikov M. I., Evdokimov S. V., Shekhova N. V. Ecological and economic evaluation of the effectiveness of pumped storage and wind power plants. Economy and Property Management, 2015, no. 1, pp. 68-72. (In Russian).
15. Available at: http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/11/127/983/127983925_1455468190_5.jpg (accessed 17.05.2018). (In Russian).
16. Bal'zannikov M. I., Elistratov V. V. Vozobnovlyaemye istochniki ehnergii. Aspekty kompleksnogo ispol'zovaniya [Renewable energy sources. Aspects of integrated use]. Samara, Samarskij gosud. arhit.-stroit. un-t Publ., 2008. 331 p. (In Russian).
17. Elistratov V. V. Ispol'zovanie vozobnovlyaemoj energii [Use of renewable energy]. St. Petersburg, izd-vo Politekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2008. 224 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Balzannikov M. I. The Use and Hydraulic Accumulation of Wind Energy. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 8, pp. 99-106.