- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Strength of Welded Steel Structures under Low-Cycle Loading
- UDC 621:539.43.001.24
Vladimir V. LARIONOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Central Research Institute "Steel Construction Design" Ltd., Michurinskiy prosp., 37, Moscow 119607, Russian Federation
Abstract. On the basis of the analysis of the loading of metal constructions during operation, it is shown, that in the load spectrum there are repeated character cycles with a level of nominal stresses close to the design resistance. Presented well known data on the stress concentration in the zones of structural change in the cross-section due to the presence of holes, fillets, welds, etc. show that at a certain concentration coefficient, local plastic deformations causing cracking of low-cycle fatigue at variable loads arise in the structures. The characteristics of construction steels and welded joint zones under cyclic elastic-plastic deformation are determined. On the basis of research in various types of full-scale welded joints with a small number of cycles, the patterns of changes in the characteristics of resistance to fatigue failure depending on the number of loading cycles are established. The empirical dependence of the calculated curve of low-cycle fatigue is obtained. An engineering method for calculating the low-cycle strength of welded cyclically loaded structures in nominal stresses, ensuring a coincidence with the SNiP (Russian building regulations) calculation for low-cycle fatigue is proposed.
Key words: load repeat, stress concentration, local plastic deformations, cyclic elastic-plastic properties of steels, low-cycle strength.
1. Peterson R. Koeffitsienty kontsentratsij naprjazhenij [Coefficients of stress concentrations]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1977. 302 p. (In Russian).
2. Neber G. Kontsentratsija naprjazhenij [Concentration of stresses]. Moscow, Gostekhizdat Publ., 1947. 204 p. (In Russian).
3. Aleksandrov A. Y., Ahmetzyanov M. Kh. On the study of deformations and stresses by the method of photoelastic coatings (review). Zavodskaja laboratorija, 1976, no. 11, pp. 1211-1217. (In Russian).
4. Teoreticheskie i eksperimental'nye issledovanija naprjazhennogo sostojanija elementov stroitel'nyh metallokonstruktsij [Theoretical and experimental studies of the stress state of elements of building metal structures]. Collection of scientific papers. Moscow, TSNIIProektstalkonstrukiya named after Melnikov, 1989. 198 p. (In Russian).
5. Larionov V. V., Khanukhov Kh. M. Resistance to the low-cycle deformation of low-alloy steel at low temperatures. Problemy prochnosti, 1978, no. 9, pp. 16-19. (In Russian).
6. Larionov V. V. Experimental verification of deformation criteria for low-cycle fracture of welded joints. Problemy prochnosti, 1977, no. 4, pp. 35-40. (In Russian).
7. Trufyakov V. I. Ustalost svarnyh soedinenij [Fatigue of welded joints]. Kiev, Naukova dumka Publ., 1973. 215 p. (In Russian).
8. Munze V. Kh. Ustalostnaja prochnost svarnyh konstruktsij [Fatigue strength of welded structures]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1968. 311 p. (In Russian).
9. Kudryavtsev I. V., Naumchenkov K. E. Ustalost' svarnyh konstruktsij [Fatigue of welded structures]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1976. 269 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Larionov V. V. Strength of Welded Steel Structures under Low-Cycle Loading. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 8, pp. 70-79. (In Russian).