- STRUCTURAL MECHANICS
- M. N. Gersevanov as a Pioneer in the Application of Mathematical Logic in the Field of Construction
- ÓÄÊ 624.1:168.33
Igor' P. PRYADKO, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article analyzes the conclusions of N. M. Gersevanov, the outstanding Russian hydro-engineer, the founder of the national school of soil mechanics, made by this scientist in the field of mathematical logic in structural mechanics. It shows the importance of his developments for the development of technical applications of algebra, logic and mathematical logic. The language of propositional logics of N.M. Gersevanov is compared with the symbolic language used by I.I. Zhegalkin, the logician and mathematician of the old pre-revolutionary school. The novelty of the proposed study is that the author for the first time analyzed the logical-mathematical alphabet used by Gersevanov, comparing it with the modern interpretation of logical constants. An assessment of the importance of the logical search of N.M. Gersevanov for the construction science completes the proposed study. The relevance of the article is in the need to eliminate the "white spots" in the history of domestic applicative knowledge of the XX century, to raise the question about the fate of the construction science in the period difficult for her.
Key words: formal logic, calculus of propositions, propositional variables, N. Ì. Gersevanov, construction mechanics, electrical engineering, logic, history of logic, philosophy of science.
1. Schloegel K. Urbizid: Europeische Staedte im Krieg // Stadt und Offentlichkeit in Ostmitteleuropa 1900 - 1939. Beitrage zur Entstehung moderner Urbanitat. Marjampole oder Europas Wiederkers aus dem Geist der Staedte. Wien, 2005. S. 171-182.
2. Shannon C. Symbolic analysis of relay and switching circuits. Trans of Amer. Institute of Electric Engineers, 1938, vol. 57, pp. 713-722.
3. Biryukov B.V., Trostnikov V.N. Zhar kholodnykh chisl i pafos besstrastnoi logiki [Heat of cold numbers and pathos of logic]. Moscow, Editorial, 2004. 232 p. (In Russian).
4. Biryukov B. V. Logic-mathematical aspects of the theory of automata. Nauchnye doklady vysshei matematicheskoi shkoly. Filosofskie nauki, 1964, no. 5, pp. 44-52. (In Russian).
5. Budtolaev N.M. Vydayushchiisya teoretik portovoi gidrotekhniki M. N. Gersevanov [Outstanding theorist of port hydraulic engineering M. N. Gersevanov]. Moscow, Mashstrojizdat Publ., 1950. 24 p. (In Russian).
6. Gersevanov N. M. Osnovy dinamiki gruntovoi massy [Fundamentals of dynamics of ground mass]. Moscow - Leningrad, ONTI Publ., 1937. 196 p. (In Russian).
7. Bocharov V. A., Markin V. I. Vvedenie v logiku [Introduction to logic]. Moscow, Infra-M Publ., 2008. 560 p. (In Russian).
8. Styazhkin N. I. To characterize the early stage in the development of ideas of mathematical logic. Filosofskie nauki, 1958, no. 3, pp. 95-101. (In Russian).
9. Gersevanov N.M. Application of mathematical logic to the calculation of structures. Gersevanov N. M. Sobr. soch. Moscow, Stroivoenmorizdat Publ., 1948, vol. 1, pp. 123-204. (In Russian).
10. Vasil'ev N. A. Logic and methalogic. Logos, vol. 1-2, Moscow, A. Levinsona Publ., 1912, pp. 53-81. (In Russian).
11. Vasil'ev N. A. Voobrazhaemaya logika [Imaginary logic]. Moscow, MGU Publ., 1989. 264 p. (In Russian).
12. Florenskii P. A. Mnimosti v geometrii [Imaginary geometry]. Moscow, Lazur' Publ., 1991. p. 44. (In Russian).
13. Levin G. A., Berkov V. I., Barton V. F., et al. Logika [Logic]. Minsk, BGU Publ., 1974. 336 p. (In Russian).
14. Ivlev Ju. V. Logika [Logic]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1994. 284 p. (In Russian).
15. Zhegalkin I. I. A technique for calculating the proposals in symbolic logic. Mathematical collection, iss. 34, Moscow, 1927, vol. I, pp. 9-28. (In Russian).
16. Shuranov B. M. Ivan Ivanovich Zhegalkin: contribution to mathematical logic. Vestnik Mezhdunarodnogo slavyanskogo universiteta, 1998, vol. 4, pp. 31-33. (In Russian).
17. Birjukov B. V. On the fate of psychology and logic in Russia during the period of "wars and revolutions". Vestnik Mezhdunarodnogo Slavjanskogo universiteta, 1998, vol. 4, pp. 7-13. (In Russian).
- For citation: Pryadko I. P. M. N. Gersevanov as a Pioneer in the Application of Mathematical Logic in the Field of Construction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 7, pp. 72-78.