- RESTORATION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE
- Features of Design and Strengthening of Metal Air Connections of Arch Systems of Architectural Monuments
- ÓÄÊ 69.07
Alexander A. PYATNITSKY
Igor O. MAKHOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract: The arrangement of air connections of a spacer systems of architectural monuments is considered. Based on the data of technical literature and field studies, the geometric and strength characteristics of air bonds are presented. Significant differences in the strength characteristics of bonds in the technical literature and in laboratory testing of samples were revealed. To determine the geometric characteristics of the span and anchor parts of air connections, a statistical analysis was carried out for 134 building-monuments with vaulted structures. The calculations set the most common span of the vaults, and as a consequence, the length of span part of air connections. Also, based on the analysis of wall thicknesses, the length of the anchor part of the air connection which made of weld iron and has a rectangular cross section is established. Increased sulfur content can adversely affect the weldability of the bond material and lead to the formation of hot cracks during welding, which in some cases does not make it possible to use the welding when strengthen the structures. At the same time, the existing methods of strengthening do not allow to include the connection in operation. The existing schemes for restoring air connections are given, and recommendations on their strengthening using composite materials are presented..
Key words: air connections of arch systems, metal structures, strengthening, composite materials, reconstruction of architectural monuments.
1. Berngard V. R. Arki i svody. Rukovodstvo k ustrojstvu i raschetu arochnyh i svodchatyh perekrytij. Chast' 1. Ustrojstvo arok i svodov [A guide to the design and calculation of arched and vaulted ceilings. Part 1. The device arches and arches]. St. Petersburg, 1901. 128 p. (In Russian).
2. Bessonov G. B. Issledovanie deformacij, raschet nesushhej sposobnosti i konstruktivnoe ukreplenie drevnih raspornyh sistem [Investigation of deformations, calculation of bearing capacity and constructive strengthening of ancient spacer systems]. Moscow, Soyuzrestavraciya Publ., 1989. 171 p. (In Russian).
3. Lahtin N. K. Raschet arok i svodov. Rukovodstvo k analiticheskomu i graficheskomu raschetu arochnyh i svodchatyh perekrytij [Calculation of arches and vault. A guide to analytical and graphical calculations of arched and vaulted ceilings]. Moscow, 1911. 473 p. (In Russian).
4. Gustov Ju. I., Pjatnitsky A. A., Mahov I. O. The research of mechanical properties and structure of metals of restored building objects. Vestnik MGSU, 2014, no. 11, pp. 90-97). (In Russian).
5. Stepnov M. N. Statisticheskie metody obrabotki rezul'tatov mehanicheskih ispytanij [Statistical methods for processing the results of mechanical tests]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1985. 232 p. (In Russian).
6. Pjatnitsky A.A., Krutik S.A., Mahov I.O. A new method for strengthening metal structures of architectural monuments. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 3, pp. 55-58. (In Russian).
7. Shilin A. A., Pshenichnyj V. A., Kartuzov D. V. Vneshnee armirovanie zhelezobetonnyh konstrukcij kompozitnymi materialami [External reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures with composite materials]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 2007. 184 p. (In Russian).
8. Ovchinnikov I. I., Ovchinnikov I. G.,Tatiyev D. A., Chesnokov G. V., Pokulayev K. V. Strengthening of metal structures with fiber reinforced polymers. Internet-zhurnal "Naukovedenie", 2014, no. 3 (22). Available at: https://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/20TVN314.pdf (accessed 15.03.2018). (In Russian).
9. STO 38276489.003-2017. Usilenie stal'nyh konstrukcij kompozitnymi materialami. Proektirovanie i tekhnologiya proizvodstva rabot [Strengthening of steel structures with composite materials. Design and technology of works]. Moscow, NTSK Publ., 2017. 62 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Pyatnitsky A. A., Makhov I. O. Features of Design and Strengthening of Metal Air Connections of Arch Systems of Architectural Monuments. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 7, pp. 67-71.