- ARCHITECTURE OF BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES. TOWN PLANNING
- Formation of Criteria of Pedestrian Traffic Comfort in Transport Interchange Hubs
- ÓÄÊ 625.712.34/.35
Alexandr S. DMITRIEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Transport-interchange hubs are the key connecting elements of the transport system of large cities. On the basis of the analysis of the process of human flow in transport hubs, a systematic approach to the formation of a scale of criteria for assessing the comfort of pedestrian traffic is developed. The sense of the qualitative assessment of the process of people's movement is revealed on the basis of the generalized criterion of convenience and safety of the human flows movement through the system of pedestrian communications of transport-interchange hubs The quantitative indices of assessing the comfort of the movement process both for individual sections of the pedestrian network and for the entire system of pedestrian paths are presented. Individual components of the criteria scale for pedestrian traffic comfort and their dependences on various factors are considered in details. Thus, the time factor becomes fundamental when choosing a route of movement, the length of the movement path and determining the viability of the pedestrian network. The lack of time for interchange traffic forms the parameters of the human flow in some parts of the network of pedestrian communications, which in turn significantly affect the comfort and safety of people's movement. No less important is the energy consumption factor for overcoming the path of movement, which also greatly affects the route chosen by the participant of the movement with due regard for intuitive navigation, safety of the movement itself process and affordability of traffic routes, especially for people with limited mobility. The proposed scale of criteria for the pedestrian traffic comfort makes it possible to qualitatively and quantitatively assess the nature of the process of human traffic flows both in separate areas and throughout the entire pedestrian communications system as a whole. It can be used in the architectural and construction design of pedestrian communications and for the organization of the movement of passenger flows traffic in transport-interchange hubs.
Key words: transport-interchange hubs, pedestrian communications, human flows, traffic participants, comfort, convenience, safety, energy expenditures, time deficit.
1. Vlasov D. N. Transportno-peresadochnye uzly krupnejshego goroda (na primere Moskvy) [Transport hubs of the largest city (for example Moscow)]. Moscow, MGSU, ASV Publ., 2009. 96 p. (In Russian).
2. Holshchevnikov V. V. Lyudskie potoki v zdaniyah, sooruzheniyah i na territorii ih kompleksov. Dis. dokt. tekhn. nauk [Human flows in buildings, structures and on the territory of their complex]. Moscow, 1983. 479 p.
3. Azarenkova Z. V. Transportno-peresadochnye uzly v planirovke gorodov [Transport hubs in the city planning]. Moscow, Tipografiya "Novosti" Publ., 2011. 96 p. (In Russian).
4. Dmitriev A. S., Feofanova A. I. The formation of modern living environment taking into account the organization of the process of movement of people in urban communications. Trends in the development of construction, heat supply and energy saving. Materialy III mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. im. N. I. Vavilova [Proc. III Intern. Scientific-practical conference " Trends of construction, heat and energy supply"], March 17-18 2016. Saratov, STAU Publ., 2016, pp. 91-96. (In Russian).
5. Dmitriev A. S., Evstigneev V. D. Problems of design of transport-interchange hubs taking into account organization of movement of human flows. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2016, no. 4, pp. 39-41. (In Russian).
6. Dmitriev A. S. Human flows in transport hubs. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 4, pp. 15-18. (In Russian).
7. Romm A. P. Kompleksnaya ocenka i funkcional'noe zonirovanie territorii v gradostroitel'nom proektirovanii [Integrated assessment and functional zoning of the territory in urban planning]. Moscow, 2002. (In Russian).
8. Predtechenskij V. M., Milinskij A. M. Proektirovanie zdanij s uchetom organizacii dvizheniya lyudskih potokov [Design of buildings taking into account the organization of human traffic]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1982. 386 p. (In Russian).
9. Holshchevnikov V. V., Salyushchin D. A., Isaevich I. I. Naturnye nablyudeniya lyudskih potokov [Full-scale observations of human flows]. Moscow, Akademiya GPS MCHS RF Publ., 2001. (In Russian).
10. ITE Technical Council Committee 5-R. Characteristics and cervice requirements of redestrains facilities. Traffic Engineering, 1976, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 34-45.
- For citation: Dmitriev A. S. Formation of Criteria of Pedestrian Traffic Comfort in Transport Interchange Hubs. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 7, pp. 61-66.