- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Assessment of Suitability of Basalts for Production of Mineral Fiber
- ÓÄÊ 691.213.2
Tatiana A. DROZDYUK, e-mail: email@example.com
Arkady M. AYZENSHTADT, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatiana A. MAKHOVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Maria A. FROLOVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov, Severnaya Dvina naberezhnaya, 17, Arkhangelsk 163002, Russian Federation
Abstract. The analysis of existing methods of preliminary assessment of the suitability of basalt raw materials for the production of mineral fibers is made. It is shown that for such an assessment it is necessary to take into account a number of parameters that characterize the technological properties of basalt raw materials, and not be limited to parameters depending only on the chemical composition. It is stated that such a value is the viscosity of the basalt melt, and the acidity module and the meltability constant can't serve as universal criteria. The assessment of the suitability of basalt of the Myanduha Deposit, located in the Arkhangelsk region, for the manufacture of mineral fibers is made. For the basalts of this deposit, the chemical composition and melting point were determined, and the acidity modulus, the meltability constant and the melt viscosity were calculated. Experimental results make it possible to recommend basalts of the Myanduha Deposit for the production of fine continuous fibers.
Key words: basalt, mineral fibers, melting point, basalt of Myanduha Deposit, melt viscosity, acidity modulus.
1. Dzhigiris D. D., Makhova M. F. Osnovy proizvodstva bazal'tovykh volokon i izdeliy [Basis of production of basalt fibers and products]. Moscow, Teploenergetik Publ., 2002. 412 p. (In Russian)
2. Tatarintseva O. S., Khodakova N. N. Assessment of the possibility of using rocks of Siberia and the Far East in the production of basalt fibers. Bazal'tovyye tekhnologii, 2012, no. 1, pp. 15-17. (In Russian).
3. Khodakova N. N., Uglova T. K., Firsov V. V., Tatarintseva O. S. Mineral raw materials of the Caucasus for the production of basalt fibers. Polzunovskiy vestnik. Prikladnaya khimiya i smezhnyye oblasti, 2013, no. 1, pp. 138-142. (In Russian).
4. Pisciotta A., et al. Quality assessment of melanocratic basalt for mineral fiber product, Southern Urals, Russia. Natural Resources Research, 2015, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 329-337.
5. Kochergin A. V., et al. Ways to supply gabbro-basalt raw materials to mineral fiber producers. Glass and Ceramics, 2013, vol. 69, no. 11-12, pp. 405-408.
6. Fomichev S. V., Babievskaya I. Z., Dergacheva N. P., et al. Evaluation and modification of the initial composition of gabbro-basalt rocks for the production of mineral fibers and stone casting products. Neorganicheskiye materialy, 2010, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1240-1245. (In Russian).
7. Perevozchikov B. V. Preliminary review of the suitability of the basites of the northern part of the Tagil zone of the Urals for high-tech production of basalt fiber. Vestnik Permskogo universiteta. Geologiya, 2009, no. 11, pp. 36-45. (In Russian).
8. Murase Ò., McBirney A. R. Properties of some common igneous rocks and their melts at high temperature. Geol. Soc. Amer. Bull., 1973, vol. 83, pp. 35-63.
9. Tatarintseva O. S., Zimin D. E. Features of rock melting and fiber formation from melts. Polzunovskiy vestnik, 2006, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 158-162. (In Russian).
10. Tatarintseva O. S. Forecasting the viscosity of melts according to the chemical composition of rocks. Polzunovskiy vestnik, 2008, no. 3, pp. 220-223. (In Russian).
11. Abramovskaya I. R., Ayzenshtadt A. M., Lesovik V. S., et al. Calculation of energy intensity of rocks as raw material for production of building materials. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2012, no. 10, pp. 23-25. (In Russian).
12. Veshnyakova L. A., Ayzenshtadt A. M., Frolova M. A. Evaluation of the surface activity of highly disperse raw materials for composite building materials. Fizika i khimiya obrabotki materialov, 2015, no. 2, pp. 68-72. (In Russian).
- For citation: Drozdyuk T. A., Ayzenshtadt A. M., Makhova T. A., Frolova M. A. Assessment of Suitability of Basalts for Production of Mineral Fiber. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 7, pp. 52-56. (In Russian).