- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Strengthening of Roof Girders and Floor Girders with the Use of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
- UDC 624.078.415
Alexander A. PYATNITSKY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sergey A. KRUTIK, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. When inspecting structures, it is often fixed the absence or poor-quality attachment of decks to beams or roof girders, which can lead to a loss of general stability of the bending elements. Main disadvantages of most of the known methods of strengthening (an additional system of links between the beams, fixing the beams with the help of special elements, anchors for example, etc.) are considerable cost and laboriousness, as well as possible limitations on conducting welding works. The article describes a new design solution for fastening the flooring to steel beams, in which the connecting elements are made of composite material in the form of strips on the basis of carbon tapes attached to the beam and flooring with glue. Practical cases of the use of these technical solutions are described. Recommendations on the preparation of structure surfaces and selection of strengthening materials are made. The presented solutions can be used when reconstructing facilities for strengthening bending elements of structures, fixing of which to the flooring is absent or destructed.
Key words: carbon plastic, composite materials, strengthening of roof and floor beams, metallic structures, reconstruction, bending elements.
1. Tusnin A. R., Shchurov E. O. Experimental studies of steel elements strengthened by carbon fiber composite materials. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 9, pp. 25-29. (In Russian).
2. Tusnin A. R., Shchurov E. O. Experimental Investigation of a Glue Compound of Elements from Steel and Carbon Composite Material. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 7, pp. 69-73. (In Russian).
3. Yu T., Fernando D., Teng J. G., Zhao X. L. Experimental study on CFRP-to-steel bonded interfaces. Composites Part B: Engineering, 2012, no. 43(5), pp. 2279-2289.
4. Xia S. H., Teng J. G. Behavior of FRP-to-steel bond joints. Proc. of International symposium on bond behaviour of FRP in structures (BBFS 2005). 2005. Hong Kong, December, 2005, pp. 419-426.
5. STO 38276489.003-2017. Usilenie stal'nykh konstruktsiy kompozitnymi materialami. Proektirovanie i tekhnologiya proizvodstva rabot [The standard of the organization. Strengthening of steel structures with composite materials. Design and production technology]. Moscow, NtsK Publ., 2017. 62 p. (In Russian).
6. Fam A., Witt S., Rizkalla S. Repair of damaged aluminum truss joints of highway overhead sign structures using FRP. Construction and Building Materials, 2006, no. 20(10), pp. 948-956.
7. Shilin A. A., Pshenichnyy V. A., Kartuzov D.V. Usilenie zhelezobetonnykh konstruktsiy kompozitsionnymi materialami [Strengthening of reinforced concrete structures with composite materials]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 2004. 144 p. (In Russian).
8. Pyatnitskiy A. A., Krutik S. A., Makhov I. O. A new method for strengthening metal structures of architectural monuments. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 3, pp. 73-76. (In Russian).
9. Patent na izobretenie RF 2476651. Ustroystvo dlya krepleniya profilirovannogo nastila k balke [Device for fixing profiled flooring to the beam]. Pyatnitskiy A. A., Rubtsov O. I. 2011. (In Russian).
10. Patent na poleznuyu model' RF 113764. Ustroystvo dlya krepleniya profilirovannogo nastila k balke [Device for fixing profiled flooring to the beam]. Pyatnitskiy A. A. 2011. (In Russian).
11. Patent na poleznuyu model' RF 116541. Ustroystvo dlya usileniya balki [Device for beam strengthening]. Pyatnitskiy A. A. 2011.
- For citation: Pyatnitsky A. A., Krutik S. A. Strengthening of Roof Girders and Floor Girders with the Use of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 6, pp. 57-60.