- ECOLOGICAL SAFETY OF CONSTRUCTION AND MUNICIPAL FACILITIES
- The Ways for Reducing Greenhouse Gases in Cements and Concretes Production in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- UDC 504.054
Liazat B. ARUOVA, Doctor of Technical Sciences; Professor of the Department of "Technology of Industrial and Civil Engineering", e-mail: email@example.com
Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilev, 13, Kazhymukan St., 205 room, Astana 010008, Republic of Kazakhstan
Abstract. The article is devoted to the analysis of ways for solving the problem of reducing greenhouse gases in energy-intensive cement production and various types of concretes in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The problem of the greenhouse effect today is a manifestation of the global environmental crisis throughout the world. The production of cement is growing rapidly in the republic, and the demand for it will increase continuously. Cement producers are also one of the major sources of greenhouse gas emissions, as are thermal power plants. A high scale of energy consumption and a large number of emissions into the environment is characterized by the production of cement, which includes multi-stage mechanical high-temperature processing of raw materials. High energy consumption and significant discharges to the air atmosphere of greenhouse gases are also characterized by the production of reinforced concrete structures. The calculation of greenhouse gas emissions at cement manufacturing enterprises has outlined the main directions for reducing the amount of greenhouse gases at cement manufacturing enterprises. The calculation of heat treatment of reinforced concrete structures with natural gas was made, which indicated: reduction of emissions at the stage of decarbonization and reduction of emissions in the fuel consumption of cements, reduction of emissions at the stage of heat treatment due to reduction of energy consumption spent in the manufacture of reinforced concrete products and structures. The authors proposed effective ways of solving this problem by means of renewable energy sources. The development and implementation of innovative technologies that promote environmental protection today play an important role in terms of sustainable development. It is necessary to introduce new environmentally effective technologies that make it possible to ensure the interaction between economic development and environmental protection at all levels. Modern development of production must correspond to the state of the environment. The introduction of environmentally friendly technologies today must effectively solve environmental problems, providing a new attitude to nature, coordinating production and natural processes in a coherent system, managed by people.
Key words: greenhouse gases, solar energy, biomass energy, renewable energy sources.
1. Official statistical information [Официальная статистическая информация]. Available at: http://www.stat.gov.kz. (accessed 24.01.18).
2. National plan for allocation of quotas for greenhouse gas emissions for 2014-2015 [Национальный план распределения квот на выбросы парниковых газов на 2014-2015 годы.].
3. Methodical guidelines for the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions from thermal power plants and boiler houses [Методические указания по расчету выбросов парниковых газов от тепловых электростанций и котельных]. Astana, 2010. Annex 9 to the order of the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nov. 5, 2010, no. 280.
4. Guidelines for national IPCC greenhouse gas inventories [Руководящие принципы для национальных кадастров парниковых газов], 2006, vol. 2. Energy. Chap. 2. Stationary combustion of fuel.
5. Gusev B. V., Y. L. Iyen-liang S., Kuznetsova Т. V. Cement and concrete - development trends [Цемент и бетон - тенденции развития.]. Moscow, The scientific world Publ., 2012. 136 p. (In Russian).
6. Falikman V. R., Gusev B. V. Structural concrete in the age of sustainable development [Структурный бетон в эпоху устойчивого развития]. American Concrete Institute. ACI Special Publication 1. 2015, pp. 36.1-36.12.
7. Nazarbayev N. A. Strategy "Kazakhstan-2050": new political curse of the established state" [Стратегия "Казахстан-2050": новый политический курс состоявшегося государства]. (In Russian). Available at: http://www.akorda.kz/ru/category/gos_programmi_razvitiya (assecced 24.01.18).
8. Aruova L. B. Process parameters of production of non-autoclaved aerated concrete on the basis of complex use of ash and gypsum-containing wastes [Технологические параметры производства неавтоклавного газобетона на основе комплексного использования золы и гипсосодержащих отходов]. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 2014, vol. 5, no. 23.
9. Dauzhanov N. Т., Krylov B. А., Aruova L. B. Ways of improving the competitiveness of foam concrete in present conditions and prospects of its application in construction [Повышение конкурентоспособности пенобетона и перспективы его применения в строительстве]. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 1, pp.19-23. (In Russian).
- For citation: Aruova L. B. The Ways for Reducing Greenhouse Gases in Cements and Concretes Production in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 5, pp. 68-73. (In English).