- ARCHITECTURE OF BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES. TOWN PLANNING
- Pyramids in Modern Architecture
- UDC 726.85:72.036
Iraida A. MAMIEVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrey D. RAZIN, e-mail: email@example.com
Russian University of Peoples' Friendship, ul. Miklukho-Maklaya, 6, Moscow 117198, Russian Federation
Abstract. The architects used the pyramids since ancient times: the Egyptian pyramids at Giza, the step pyramids of Indians in America, earthen pyramids on the Kola Peninsula, Greek and English pyramids or the pyramids of the Russian architect N. A. Lvov, etc. All of them are widely covered in publications, so the article presents mainly pyramids in modern architecture in different countries of the world. It is confirmed that the form of regular quadrangular pyramids is very popular among architects. The variety of variants of the use of facilities of the pyramidal shape as offices, libraries, entertaining and sports complexes, hotels, cafes, objects of small architecture is shown. The formulas for determining the basic geometric parameters of the pyramid are obtained, if the number of lateral faces, the height of the pyramid and the radius of the circumscribed circle at the base are known.
Key words: architecture, regular pyramid, geometry of pyramid, pyramidal roof, quasi-polyhedron.
1. Zhdanov E. S. The pyramid in contemporary architectural morphogenesis. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2017, no. 1(60), pp. 23-28. (In Russian).
2. Theodossiou E., Manimanis V. N., Dimitrijevic M. S., Katsiotis M. The pyramids of Greece: Ancient meridian observatories? Bulgarian Astronomical Journal, 2011, no. 6, pp. 130-143.
3. Krivoshapko S. N., Ivanov V. N. Encyclopedia of analytical surfaces. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2015. 752 p.
4. Matematicheskaya ehnciklopediya [Mathematical encyclopedia]. Moscow, Sovetskaya ehnciklopediya, 1979. Vol. 2. 1104 p. (In Russian).
5. Krivoshapko S. N., Mamieva I. A. Possibilities of conical surfaces with regard to the architecture of buildings and structures. Montazhnye i special'nye raboty v stroitel'stve, 2011, no. 9, pp. 2-8. (In Russian).
6. Mamieva I. A., Razin A. D. Landmark spatial structures in the form of conic surfaces. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 10, pp. 5-11. (In Russian).
7. Kumar I. R., Nagendra H.R. Pyramids and their shapes effect. Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, 2011, vol. 11, iss. 2, pp. 195-201.
8. Krivoshapko S. N. Istoriya razvitiya arhitektury prostranstvennyh struktur i obolochek s ehlementami rascheta [History of development of architecture of spatial structures and shells with elements of calculation]. Moscow, RUDN Publ., 2015. 156 p. (In Russian).
9. Modern pyramids/ Available at: https://www.vrsamara.ru/theme/21831/ (accessed 14.12.2017).
10. Krivoshapko S. N. Rod, lattice structures and all-metal shells of buildings from the 2nd half of the XXth century until the beginning of the XXI century. Arhitektura i stroitel'stvo Rossii, 2014, no. 12(204), pp. 10-17. (In Russian).
11. Winpenny D. Up to a point. In search of pyramids in Britain and Ireland. William Sessions Limited, 2009. 404 p.
- For citation: Mamieva I. A., Razin A. D. Pyramids in Modern Architecture. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 5, pp. 40-45. (In Russian).