- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Soil Freezing at the Base of the Foundation Plate of a Multistory Building and its Consequences
- UDC 624.15:624.131.2
Andrey G. ALEKSEEV, e-mail: email@example.com
JSC Research Center of Construction, Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP named after N. M. Grsevanov), Ryazansky prospekt, 59, korp. 1, Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article is devoted to the situation with freezing of lake-glacial clay and moraine loam at the base of the monolithic reinforced concrete foundation plate of a multistory building. Consequences of the frost heaving of soil such as lifting and cracking of the foundation slab, through cracks in wall panels are pointed out. Results of the study of frozen clay soils of the base in the laboratory are presented; graphs of temperature changes of the soil and foundation plate are plotted, the frost depth zone is determined. Calculations of the deformation size and the value of normal pressure of frost heaving of the soil are presented; settings of the thawing soil and thawing time are calculated. The pressure of frost heaving of the soil is calculated with due regard for the compressibility of sub-soils and prevention of deformation of the foundation plate. Measures for the recovery of mechanical properties of soils after thawing and continuation of construction are indicated.
Key words: soil freezing, thawing of soil, normal pressure of frost heaving of soil, deformation of frost heaving, foundation slab.
1. Rukovodstvo po proektirovaniju osnovanij i fundamentov na puchinistyh gruntah [A guide to designing bases and foundations on heaving soils]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1979. 39 p. (In Russian).
2. Rekomendacii po uchetu i preduprezhdeniju deformacij i sil moroznogo puchenija gruntov [Recommendations for the treatment and prevention of deformations and forces of frost heaving of soils]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1986. 72 p. (In Russian).
3. Rekomendacii po proektirovaniju i raschetu malozaglublennyh fundamentov na puchinistyh gruntah [Design guidelines and calculation slightly deepened foundations on heaving soils]. Moscow, NIIOSP Publ., 1985. 60 p. (In Russian).
4. Kiselev M. F. Preduprezhdenie deformacii gruntov ot moroznogo puchenija [The prevention of deformation of soil from frost heave]. Leningrad, Strojizdat Publ., 1985. 128 p. (In Russian).
5. Orlov V. O., Jolgin B. B., Zheleznjak I. I. Moroznoe puchenie gruntov v raschetah osnovanij sooruzhenij [Frost soil heaving in the calculation of the foundations of buildings]. Novosibirsk, Nauka, Sibirskoe otdelenie Publ., 1987. 134 p. (In Russian).
6. Cheverev V. G. Priroda kriogennyh svojstv gruntov [The nature of the cryogenic properties of soils]. Moscow, Nauchnyj mir Publ., 2004. 233 p. (In Russian).
7. Jushkov B. S., Tretjakova O. V. Methods of protection of transport tunnels from frost soil, based on the calculation of structures. Transportnye sooruzhenija, 2015, vol. 2, no. 1(5). URL: https://t-s.today/PDF/01TS115.pdf. DOI: 10.15862/01TS115. (In Russian).
8. Kuzina A. V., Mishedchenko O. A. Evaluation of the pressure of frost heaving of soil freezing under the base of the Foundation. Markshejderija i nedropolzovanie, 2017, vol. 1, no. 4(90), pp. 55-57. (In Russian).
9. Kazanceva P. A., Sazonova S. A., Ponomarev A. B. Laboratory study of the influence of soil density on the degree of frost heaving. Geotehnika, 2016, no. 4, pp. 4-9. (In Russian).
10. Gutkin Ju. M. Lateral pressure of frost heaving of clay soils on the enclosing structure of finite stiffness. Osnovanija, fundamenty i mehanika gruntov, 2014, no. 1, pp. 27-31. (In Russian).
11. Alekseev A. G. Determining the horizontal pressure of frost heaving, acting on retaining walls by freezing soil. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2007, no. 6, p. 24. (In Russian).
12. Alekseev A. G. A methodology to study the pressure acting on retaining walls during freezing-thawing of soil. Osnovanii, fundamenty i mehanika gruntov, 2007, no. 3, pp. 15-18. (In Russian).
13. Alekseev A. G. Issledovanie puchinistyh svojstv gruntov [Study heaving of soil properties]. Vtoroj mezhdunarodnyj simpozium zemljanogo polotna v holodnyh regionah. Materialy simpoziuma. Novosibirsk, 2015. Pp. 109-114. (In Russian).
14. Rukovodstvo po proektirovaniju osnovanij i fundamentov na vechnomerzlyh gruntah [Guide to the design of foundations and foundations on permafrost soils]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1980. 303 p. (In Russian).
15. Rekomendacijami po prognozu teplovogo sostojanija merzlyh gruntov [Recommendations according to the forecast thermal state of frozen soils]. Moscow, PNIIIS Publ., 1989. 73 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Alekseev A. G. Soil Freezing at the Base of the Foundation Plate of a Multistory Building and its Consequences. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 4, pp. 37-43. (In Russian).