- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Experimental Deformability Characteristics Studies in Laboratory and Field Conditions
- UDC 624.131.4
Mark Yu. ABELEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Innovative Technologies in Construction of Institute DPO GASIS of National Research University Higher School of Economics, Profsouznaya ul., 33, korp. 4, Moscow 117418, Russian Federation
Igor V. AVERIN, e-mail: email@example.com
Engineering Geology, ul. Yartsevskaya, 16, Moscow 121351, Russian Federation
Rustam R. BAKHRONOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Promotion "Expert", Astrakhanskiy per., 1/15, Moscow 129090, Russian Federation
Olga V. KOPTEVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. When designing foundation of buildings and structures, it is necessary to select such economical and reliable design solutions which ensure the most complete use of strength and deformation characteristics of soils. Often the true values of physical-mechanical characteristics of soils are presented in the reports on engineering surveys in overstated or understated form that leads to the most complex or vice versa simplified design solutions for foundations. At this, the main disadvantage is the incorrect definition of soil deformation properties, the deformation modulus especially. The results of experimental studies of deformability characteristics of weak water-saturated clayey soils under the laboratory, field, and natural conditions are presented. It is shown that the definition of deformation characteristics of various kinds of soils should be made with due regard for their specific properties since there are differences between the results of laboratory tests in compression devices and research In deformation characteristics of soils which are determined under the natural conditions with the use of the stamps of 600 and 3000 cm2. It is established that under the natural conditions in the layers of weak water-saturated clayey soils there is a constant pore pressure which should be taken into account when calculating foundations of industrial structures by limit deformations. The study of pore pressure in the thicknesses of weak water-saturated clayey soils shows that its value can be used when determining strength and deformation characteristics of this kind of soil.
Key words: characteristics of soil deformability, weak water-saturated clayey soils, deformation modulus, pore pressure.
1. Abelev Yu. M., Abelev M. Yu. Osnovy proektirovaniya i stroitel'stva na prosadochnykh makroporistykh gruntakh [Fundamentals of design and construction on subsidence macroporous grounds]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1979. 271 p. (In Russian).
2. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i podzemnye sooruzheniya [Foundations, foundations and underground structures.]. Red. E. A. Sorochan, Yu.G. Trofimenkov. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1985. 480 p. (In Russian).
3. Abelev M. Yu. Stroitel'stvo promyshlennykh i grazhdanskikh sooruzheniy na slabykh vodonasyshchennykh gruntakh [Construction of industrial and civil structures on weak water-saturated grounds]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1983. 248 p. (In Russian).
4. Abelev M. Yu. Avarii fundamentov promyshlennykh i grazhdanskikh sooruzheniy [Accidents of the foundations of industrial and civil structures]. Moscow, FAOU DPO GASIS Publ., 2011. 66 p. (In Russian).
5. Abelev M. Yu. The features of building and construction work over weak water-inundated soils. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2010, no. 3, pp. 12-13. (In Russian).
6. Averin I. V., Abelev M. Yu., Korableva U. A. Experimental studies of the effectiveness of methods of consolidation consolidation of weak clay soils of Imeretinskaya lowland. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 2015, no. 6, pp. 22-26. (In Russian).
7. Averin I.V., Kozlovskaya A.V. Monitoring of consolidation processes of clay soils in the state of structures. Trudy yubileynoy konferentsii, posvyashchennoy 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya prof. G. S. Zolotareva (1914-2006) [Proc. of the jubilee conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Professor G. S. Zolotareva (1914-2006)]. Moscow, MGU Publ., 2014. Pp. 160-164. (In Russian).
- For citation: Abelev M. Yu., Averin I. V., Bahronov R. R., Kopteva O. V. Experimental Deformability Characteristics Studies in Laboratory and Field Conditions. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 4, pp. 28-32.