- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Soil Densification with Dynamic Compaction
- UDC 624.138.22
Mark Y. ABELEV, e-mail: email@example.com
Center for Innovative Technologies in Construction of Institute DPO GASIS of National Research University Higher School of Economics, Profsouznaya ul., 33, korp. 4, Moscow 117418, Russian Federation
Nikita V. ROMANOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREYSSINET LLC is a representative of Menard company in the territory of the Russian Federation, Shchipok ul., 11, str. 1, Moscow 127055, Russian Federation
Olga V. KOPTEVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Domestic and foreign experience in the use of heavy rammers when compacting soil bases of buildings and structures as well as the further development of this method and technologies of soil compaction works is considered. Limits of the applicability of this method depending on the degree of soils dampness are established, possibilities to use the compacted base as an artificial base of industrial, civil, and transport facilities are shown. The essence of this method is the improvement of mechanical properties of soils by transmitting high-energy impact effects on loose soils. When using heavy rammers, an important element is the control of the quality of the compaction. This method, in comparison with the use of pile foundations, makes it possible to arrange soil bases, significantly reducing the time and cost of the work execution under complex engineering-geological conditions.
Key words: soils, dynamic compaction, compaction, structure foundation
1. Abelev Yu. M., Abelev M. Yu. Osnovy proektirovaniya i stroitel'stva na prosadochnykh makroporistykh gruntakh [The basics of design and construction on macroporous soils subsidence]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1979. 271 p. (In Russian).
2. Abelev M. Yu., Bakhronov P. P., Dzhangidze Z. U. About efficiency of installing the compacted sand cushion in foundations of multi-storey buildings and constructions located on the soft ground. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2014, no. 4, pp. 55-58. (In Russian).
3. Abelev M. Yu. Slabye vodonasyshchennye glinistye grunty kak osnovaniya sooruzheniy [Weak water-saturated clay soils as bases of constructions]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1973. 286 p. (In Russian).
4. Liausu P. Heavy Tamping: dynamic compaction and dynamic replacement [Тяжелое уплотнение: тяжелая трамбовка и грунтовые колонны]. Conferenze DI Geotecnica DI Torino XXIV CICLO, 25-26 Febbraio 2016, pp. 1-19.
5. Menard L., Broise, Y. Theoretical and practical aspects of dynamic compaction [Теоретические и практические аспекты тяжeлой трамбовки]. Geotechnique, 1975, no. 25, pp. 3-18.
6. Tan E., Yee K. Dynamic compaction on non-engineered Fill [Тяжелая трамбовка техногенных оснований]. Development of Geotechnical Engineering in Civil Works and Geo-Environment, Yogyakarta, 2-3 December 2010, p. 2.
7. Chu J., Varaksin S., Klotz U., Menge P. State of the art report: construction processes [Современное состояние дел: строительные процессы]. 17th Intl. Conf. on Soil Mech. and Geotech. Engrg.: TC17 meeting ground improvement, Alexandria, Egypt, 7 October 2009, p. 130.
8. Hamidi B., Nikraz H., Varaksin S. A review on impact oriented ground improvement techniques [Обзор технологий усиления оснований с использованием ударных технологий]. Australian Geomechanics J, 2009, no. 44(2), pp. 17-24.
9. Varaksin S., Yee K., Wong L. T. Formulation of a concept and realistic soil parameters for the foundations of a randomly located structures on a mega scaled project. Intl. Symp. on Ground Improvement Technologies and Case Studies, Singapore, 2009.
- For citation: Abelev M. Yu., Romanov N. V., Kopteva O. V. Soil Densification with Dynamic Compaction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 4, pp. 16-21.