- FIRE AND INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
- Improvement in Requirements of Fireproof Application of Roofing Materials
- UDC 691.024.15:614.84(083.75)
Natalia I. KONSTANTINOVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikolai V. SMIRNOV, e-mail: email@example.com
FGBU VNIIPO of EMERCOM, mkr. VNIIPO, 12, Balashikha, Moscow region 143900, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article covers the comprehensive assessment of fire risk and application areas of roofing materials. Test results are presented in accordance with GOST 56026-2014 "Building materials. Method for determination of fire risk group for roofing materials". The standard sets the requirements, procedure and classification according fire risk groups for a waterproofing membrane and roofing arrangement under an impact of ignition source (wooden pile) at wind effect. The analysis of experimental data shows that despite of the presence of combustible materials in the arrangement, certain construction solutions make it possible to obtain KP0 fire risk group of roofing materials in accordance with GOST 56026-2014 with minimal damage state of a surface. Results of the research made it possible to develop proposals for feasible application field which could be implemented both in course of revision of current standards and in formulation of new regulatory requirements which cover the application of roofing materials.
Key words: complex estimation of fire danger of roofing materials, group of fire danger of roofing composition, normative requirements regulating fireproof application of roofing materials.
1. Molchadskij I. S, Pavlovskiy A. V., Ponomariyv V. V. Fire test methods of roof coverings. Fire and Explosion safety, 1993, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 48-53. (In Russian).
2. Pavlovskiy A. V. Fireproof normalization of application of roofing materials in designs of coverings for buildings and constructions. Pozharnaya bezopasnost, 1999, no. 1, pp. 53-60. (In Russian).
3. Smirnov N. V. Prognosis of fire danger of building materials. Perfection of methodology of researches, tests, classifications and normalizations. Fire safety, 2002, no. 3, pp. 58-68. (In Russian).
4. Jajlijan R. A., Pavlovskij A. V Smirnov N. V. Mathematical model of distribution of burning on an inclined surface of firm fuel. Fire safety, 2003, no. 3, pp. 79-88. (In Russian).
5. Pravednikova O. B., Dutikova O. S., Satina N. A., et al. Nanosized particles of zinc oxide and layered double metal hydroxides as effective components in fire retardant systems for plasticized PVC. Plasticheskie massy, 2009, no. 5, pp. 27-30. (In Russian).
6. Jang B. N. The effects of triphenylphosphate and recorcinolbis on the thermal degradation of polycarbonate in air. Thermochimica Acta, 2005, vol. 433, pp. 1-12.
7. Koblov V. F., Novopol'tseva O. M, Kochetov V. T., Lapina A. G.Main ways and mechanism for improving the heat resistance of fire-resistant materials. Izvestiya VolgGTU, 2016, no. 4(183), pp. 46-60. (In Russian).
8. ENV1187 Test methods for external fire exposure to roofs-method 2 - assess the performance of roofs under burning brands and wind
9. ASTM E 108 Fire test of Roof Coverings.
- For citation: Konstantinova N. I., Smirnov N. V. Improvement in Requirements of Fireproof Application of Roofing Materials. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 3, pp. 71-75. (In Russian).