- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Determination of Dimensions of the Zone of Plastic Deformations When Calculating Residual Welding Stresses in Bars of Composite Cross-Section with Elements of Large Thickness
- UDC 624.014
Vladimir P. VERSHININ, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Research and understanding of the influence of residual welding stresses on the workability of welded structures, knowledge of ways to deal with them are an important engineering task which is necessary to solve at the stage of design of welded structures. The article deals with the last aspect of the problem of ensuring the required strength of welded joints. The technique of calculation of a zone of development of plastic deformations of a longitudinal component of residual welding stresses in bars of built-up cross-section with elements of large thickness is stated. The basis of the engineering calculation methodology is the analytical method for solving the temperature problem of Prof. Ignatieva V. S. and the theory of heat propagation when welding of Acad. Rykalin N. N. Calculations of the temperature distribution over the thickness of the I-beam flanges show that with the dimensions of the weld legs used in building structures and the thickness of I-beam flanges of up to 15-16 mm, the depth of the development zone of the plastic component of residual welding stresses can be equal to the thickness of the I-beam flange. It is proposed to call these thicknesses as large thicknesses. This work makes a certain contribution to the study of problems of theoretical cases of ensuring the design strength of welded structures and has an enough high practical significance.
Key words: residual welding stresses, depth of development of plastic deformations, temperature distribution when welding, stress distribution, small and large thicknesses.
1. Ignat'eva B. C., Desnyanskaya T. A. The stress state of structural elements within a multilayered welding joint area. Razvitie metallicheskikh konstruktsiy: Raboty shkoly prof. N. S. Streletskogo. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1987, pp. 96-105. (In Russian).
2. Nurguzhin M. R., Reytarov O. V., Vershinskiy A. V. Numerical simulation of volumetri welding sresses and strains. Avtomatika. Informatika, 2003, vol. 1-2, pp. 74-75. (In Russian).
3. Ivanova L. A., Il'in A. V., Leonov V. P., Mizetskiy A. V., Sakharov I. Yu., Khatuntsev A. N. Estimation of level and distribution of residual welding stresses in joints of titanium alloy 5B of large thicknesses. Voprosy materialovedeniya, 2008, no. 4, pp. 37-53. (In Russian).
4. Moshchenko M. G., Rubtsov B. C. Calculation of residual stresses in the weld junction of DY 300 pipelines of austenitic steel 08Kh18N10a. Zagotovitel'nye proizvodstva v mashinostroenii, 2011, no. 6, pp. 9-14. (In Russian).
5. Vinokurov V. A., Pavlovich A. A. Primenenie metoda konechnykh elementov dlya rascheta napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya pri elektroshlakovoy svarke plit [Application of the finite element method for calculation of the stress-strain state during electroslag welding of plates]. Moscow, 1987. 10 p. Dep. vo VNIITEMR 01.07.87, no 295. MISh. (In Russian).
6. Gatovskiy K. M., Rybin Yu. I., Loskutov V. N. The stressed state analysis during multilayer welding of thick plates using the finite element method. Avtomaticheskaya svarka, 1980, no. 8, pp. 1-6. (In Russian).
7. Makhnenko V. I. Raschetnye metody issledovaniya kinetiki svarochnykh napryazheniy i deformatsiy [Computational methods of research of the kinetics of welding stresses and strains]. Kiev, Naukova dumka Publ., 1976. 320 p. (In Russian).
8. Feklistov S. P., Potapov N. N., Goloviznin B. L., Masalkov A. V. Simulation of residual welding stresses and strains in manu-facture of cisterns. Svarka i diagnostika, 2009, no. 3, pp. 28-31. (In Russian).
9. Alferov V. P., Steshenkova N. A. Application of the finite element method for solution of the heat and strain problems of calculation of welding strains of ship hull structures. Trudy TsNII im. akad. A. N. Krylova, 2010, no. 56, pp. 147-162. (In Russian).
10. Vershinin V. P. Welding stresses in double-tee bars of built-up cross section with elements of large thickness. Vestnik MGSU, 2017, vol. 12, iss. 2(101), pp. 150-156. (In Russian).
11. Rykalin N. N. Raschety teplovykh protsessov pri svarki [Calculations of thermal processes in welding]. Moscow, Mashgiz Publ., 1951. 296 p. (In Russian).
12. Vershinin V. P. Raspredelenie temperatury v elementakh tavrovogo soedineniya pri svarke pod flyusom [Temperature distribution in tee joint elements in flux welding]. Moscow, 1989. 6 p. Dep. vo VNIINPI Gosstroya SSSR 05.04.1989, no. 9893. (In Russian). 13. Rykalin N. N. Teplovye osnovy svarki. Ch. 1. Protsessy rasprostraneniya tepla pri dugovoy svarke. [Heat fundamentals of welding. Part 1. Processes of heat propagation in arc welding]. Moscow; Leningrad, AN SSSR Publ., 1947. 272 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Vershinin V. P. Determination of Dimensions of the Zone of Plastic Deformations when Calculating Residual Welding Stresses in Bars of Composite Cross-Section with Elements of Large Thickness. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 3, pp. 26-30. (In Russian).