- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Wood as a Building Material: Problems and Prospects of Use
- UDC 691.11:674.21
Valentina V. ZOZULYA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ol'ga V. ROMANCHENKO, e-mail: Romanchenko.OV@rea.ru
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Stremyanny per., 36, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Viktor V. SAKHANOV, e-mail: email@example.com
State Research Center for the Timber Industry Complex, N. Syromyatnicheskaya ul., 5/3a, Moscow 105120, Russian Federation
Andrey A. FITCHIN, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mytishi branch of Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 1-ya Institutskaya ul., 1, Mytischi 141005, Russian Federation
Abstract. According to the "Concept of Long-Term Social and Economic Development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2020," one of the directions for the development of housing construction should be low-rise wooden housing, including the use of prefabricated wooden structures on the basis of modern technologies. Wood, unlike other building materials, is a renewable resource, it has a high specific strength, processability in application, decorative and environmental friendliness. The effectiveness of the use of wood in wooden housing construction is shown on the example of a number of industrially developed countries, including the European Union, the USA and Canada. Based on the analysis, the authors determined the directions and scale of the development of innovative production of construction materials based on wood, wood-composite products and wood-based sheet materials, including when used in the construction for the foreseeable future until 2030. The main problems that hamper the use of new materials based on wood in housing and civil construction, including wooden and low-rise housing are considered. Results of the study make it possible to conclude that there is a significant share of modern wood materials in civil engineering, in housing construction especially. The most significant effect from the use of wood can be achieved in low-rise construction.
Key words: timber industry complex, wooden and low-rise housing, civil engineering, innovative wood materials, production capacity.
1. Available at: https://www.greenga.ru/news/derevyannaya-evropa/ (accessed 10.06.2017). (In Russian).
2. Kazeykin V. S., Baronin S. A., Chernykh A. G., Androsov A. N. Problemnye aspekty razvitiya maloetazhnogo zhilishchnogo stroitel'stva Rossii [Problematic aspects of the development of low-rise housing construction in Russia]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2011. 278 p. (In Russian).
3. Kislyy V. Prospects for the development of low-rise housing construction: estimates, forecasts, proposals. LesPromInform, 2014, no. 4 (102), pp. 126-130. (In Russian).
4. Kondratyuk V. A. State and prospects of the development of wooden housing construction in Russia. Lesnoy ekonomicheskiy vestnik, 2013, no. 1, pp. 12-27. (In Russian).
5. Zhukovskiy O. E., Saraev V. N., Chernykh A. G. Worthy life through decent housing. Ekonomicheskie strategii, 2006, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 102-109. (In Russian).
6. Federal'naya sluzhba gosudarstvennoy statistiki [Federal State Statistics Service]. Available at: resource: http://gks.ru. (accessed 10.06.2017). (In Russian).
7. Kobeleva S. A. Prospects of wooden house-building. Aktual'nye problemy lesnogo kompleksa, 2012, no. 32, pp. 83-86. (In Russian).
8. Prognoz razvitiya lesnogo kompleksa Rossiyskoy Federatsii do 2030 goda [Outlook for forest sector of the Russian Federation up to 2030]. Moscow, Rosleskhoz Publ., 2012. 96 p. (In Russian).
9. Available at: http://www.rosleshoz.gov.ru/ (accessed 10.06.2017). (In Russian).
10. Tarasenko M. Manufacture of glued wooden structures. LesPromInform, 2014, no. 3 (101), pp. 120-123. (In Russian).
11. Available at: http://www.customs.ru/ (accessed 10.06.2017). (In Russian).
12. Nikol'skaya V. The Russian OSB market is oriented to growth. LesPromInform, 2016, no. 2 (116), pp. 16-20. (In Russian).
13. Nikol'skaya V. Russian laminate market: dynamic development. LesPromInform, 2016, no. 3 (117), pp. 122-125. (In Russian).
14. Available at: http://economy.gov35.ru/rcpp/klaster35/wood/ (accessed 10.06.2017). (In Russian).
15. Fitchin A. A. House-building cluster in Tver region: conditions and prerequisites for formation. Tendentsii i perspektivy razvitiya sotsiotekhnicheskoy sredy: materialy II mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Proc. 2nd Int. Sci. Conf. on December 14, 2016 "Trends and prospects for the development of the socio-technical environment"]. Moscow, SGU Publ., 2016, pp. 179-183. (In Russian).
16. Fitchin A. A., Kozhemyako N. P. Cluster approach as the basis of the effective use of forest resources. Ekonomika i predprinimatel'stvo, 2016, no. 11-2(76-2), pp. 538-545. (In Russian).
- For citation: Zozulya V. V., Romanchenko O. V., Sakhanov V. V., Fitchin A. A. Wood as a Building Material: Problems and Prospects of Use. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 2, pp. 67-71.