- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Application of High Quality Concrete on the Basis of Local Materials for Production of Paving Slabs in Vietnam
- UDC 666.97:625.881
Tang Van LAM, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boris I. BULGAKOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Olga V. ALEKSANDROVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oksana A. LARSEN, e-mail: email@example.com
Nadezda A. GALCEVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngo Xuan HUNG, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The use of self-compacting concrete mixes for producing paving slabs makes it possible to avoid the need for vibration compaction of raw material compositions. In this case, the resulting products have the required strength, resistance to abrasion and water absorption not exceeding the permissible values. For obtaining self-compacting concrete mixtures, ashes and slag, wastes generated by the industry and agriculture, can be used that will contribute to the solution of environmental problems, and also allow to improve the operational properties of the concrete product and increase the economic efficiency of their production. As a result of the conducted experimental studies, it was found that colored paving slabs based on self-compacting concrete mixes of the developed compositions meet the requirements of the standard TCVN 6476: 1999 (Vietnam). In addition, they have a wide variety of sizes and a wide range of colors which will contribute to the creation of a rational and aesthetically attractive urban landscape. The rough surface of such tiles makes them non-slip in rainy weather, it is important for the humid climatic conditions of Vietnam.
Key words: colored paving slab, self-compacting concrete mix, industrial waste, environmental pollution, fly ash, rice husk ash.
1. Trinh Quoc Thang. Technology and organization of construction works. Hanoi, Construction Publ., 2010. 186 p.
2. Tang Van Lam, Bulgakov B. I., Aleksandrova O. V., Larsen O. A. The possibility of using ash residues for the production of construction materials in Vietnam. Vestnik BGTU im. V. G. Shukhova, 2017, no. 6, pp. 6-12. (In Russian).
3. Trinh Hong Tung. Use of industrial waste for the production of building materials. Collection of lectures for graduate students of the specialty "Building Materials" of the Hanoi Civil Engineering University. Hanoi, 2010, 25 p.
4. Government Office. Results of the implementation of the production program for the utilization of unburned materials and the use of ash, slag and gypsum - wastes from the operation of thermal power plants and chemical plants. Advertisement no. 218/TB-VPCP. Hanoi, 17/06/2013, 3 p.
5. Shesternin A. I., Korovkin M. O., Yeroshkina N. A. Basics of self-compacting concrete technology. Molodoy uchenyy, 2015, no. 6(86), pp. 226-228. (In Russian).
6. Ahmed Loukili. Self-Compacting concrete. British Library Cataloguing-in-Publication Data, 2011, 272 p.
7. Nguyen Nhu Quy. The theory of concrete technology. Collection of lectures for graduate students of the specialty "Building Materials" of the Hanoi Civil Engineering University. Hanoi, 2010, 43 p.
8. Voylokov I. A. Self-sealing concrete. A new stage in the development of concreting. Betony, 2008, no. 4, pp. 5-8. (In Russian).
9. Kalashnikov V. I. The calculated composition of high-strength self-compacting concrete. Stroitel'nyye materialy, 2008, no. 10, pp. 4-6. (In Russian).
10. Nguyen Quang Phu. Selection of raw materials for the production of self-compacting concrete. Science and technology of water resources and environment, no. 44(3/2014), pp. 43-48.
11. Recommendations for the selection of concrete mixes for heavy and fine-grained concrete. Moscow, 2016. 100 p. (In Russian).
12. ACI Committee 211.4R-08. Guide for selecting proportions for high-strength concrete using portland cement and other cementitious materials. 2008, 13 p.
13. Òîan Van Ngo. Study on the effect of husk ash and superplasticizer on the properties of lakes, mortar and concrete. Journal of Science and Technology, 2013, no. 3-4, pp. 41-51.
14. Biznes-plan organizatsii proizvodstva trotuarnoy plitki i stenovogo kamnya na baze linii "Rifey-Universal" [Business plan for the organization of production of paving tiles and wall stone-based "Riphean-Universal" line]. Zlatoust, 2014, 22 p. (In Russian).
15. A contractor's guide to installing interlocking concrete pavers. 1996-2006- Ideal concrete block company, inc., 48 ð.
16. Kim Huy Hoang, Bui Ðuc Vinh, Tran Van Manh, Ha Son Tri. The optimal composition of high-quality self-compacting concrete. Scientific and technical development, 2010, vol. 13, no. 2. pp. 5-15.
17. Wetzel A., Piotrowski S., Middendort B. Paving slabs with ultra-high performance concrete face concrete. Institute of Structural Engineering, Dept. of Structural Materials and Construction Chemistry, University of Kassel, Germany, 2016, 7 p.
18. The Office of the Prime Minister of Vietnam. Order ¹121 / 2008 / QD-TTg, dated 29 August 2008 "On approval of the master plan for the development of production of construction materials in Vietnam until 2020", 8 p.
19. Nguyen Van Chanh, Tran Van Mien, Nguyen Hoang Duy, Tran Thi Hong Van. Research of self-compacting concrete for the production of concrete paving bricks. Materials of the scientific and technical conference. Ho Chi Minh, Technological University Publ., 2009, pp. 113-120.
20. TCVN 6476:1999. Footway concrete slabs. Specifications. Hanoi, 1999, 4 p.
- For citation: Tang Van Lam, Bulgakov B. I., Aleksandrova O. V., Larsen O. A., Galceva N. A., Ngo Xuan Hung. Application of High Quality Concrete on the Basis of Local Materials for Production of Paving Slabs in Vietnam. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Construction], 2018, no. 2, pp. 60-66. (In Russian).