- STRUCTURAL MECHANICS
- The Use of Generalized Equations of Finite Difference Method for Calculation of Orthotropic Plates
- UDC 624.072
Nataliya B. UVAROVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladimir V. FILATOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Anastasia A. CHUBAROVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terra Auri Proekt, ul. Leninskaya Sloboda, 19, str. 6, Moscow 115280, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article deals with the calculation of orthotropic plates for a range of loads. The resolving differential equilibrium equation of orthotropic plates in partial derivatives of the fourth order is reduced to the differential equation of the second order concerning the second partial derivative functions of deflections. To construct the numerical solution, the modified differential equation is approximated by the generalized equation of the method of finite differences. The second difference equation for the unknowns is the equation resulting from the consideration of compatibility of deformations of the elements, on which the grid of coordinate lines divides the region of integration. The finite differences method algorithm makes it possible to take into account the finite discontinuities of the right part of differential equation, calculate the plates for linear and concentrated impacts without the involvement of peripheral points and condensation of the grid at discontinuous impacts. On the basis of equations obtained, the calculations of hinged orthotropic plates under the effect of uniformly distributed load, simple bending, and strip load have been made. The reliability of the solutions is confirmed by the study of convergence of results on several meshes, comparing the obtained solutions with some existing data, executing static and kinematic tests.
Key words: orthotropic plate, differential equation, numerical solution, generalized equations of finite difference method, hinge support, boundary conditions.
1. Lekhnitskiy S. G. Anizotropnye plastiny [ Anisotropic plates]. Moscow-Leningrad, Gostekhizdat Publ., 1947. 355 p. (In Russian).
2. Timoshenko S. P., Voynovskiy-Kriger S. Plastinki i obolochki [Plates and shells]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1966. 635 p. (In Russian).
3. Gabbasov R. F., Gabbasov A. R., Filatov V. V. Chislennoe postroenie razryvnykh resheniy zadach stroitel'noy mekhaniki [Numerical construction of discontinuous solutions to the problems of structural mechanics]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2008. 277 p. (In Russian).
4. Gabbasov R. F., Solomon Tadesse Demisse. Efficient numerical method to the calculation of the orthotropic bending plate. Izvestia vuzov. Stroitelstvo, 2005, no. 8, pp. 24-28. (In Russian).
5. Gabbasov R. F., Kao Z. B. The calculation of compressed curved orthotropic plates by the method of successive approximations. Vestnik MGSU, 2010, no. 4, pp. 47-54. (In Russian).
6. Gabbasov R. F., Uvarova N. B., Aleksandrovskiy M. V. Numerical solution of the problem of natural oscillations of bending orthotropic plats. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 11, pp. 37-39. (In Russian).
7. Smirnov V. A. Numerical method of calculation of orthotropic plates. Issledovaniya po teorii sooruzheniy, Iss. XVIII. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1970. Pp. 56-64. (In Russian).
8. Smirnov V. A. Raschet plastin slozhnogo ochertaniya [Ñalculation of plate of complex shape]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1978. 300 p. (In Russian).
9. Gribov A. P., Velikanov P. G. Application of Fourier transform to obtain the fundamental solution to the problem of bending of an orthotropic plate. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie i kraevye zadachi, 2004, no. 3, pp. 67-71. (In Russian).
10. Dem'yanushko I. V., El'madavi M. E. Modeling of orthotropic plates using software complex Patran-Nastran. Vestnik MADI, 2008, no. 3, pp. 61-65. (In Russian).
11. Guang-Nah Fanjiang, Qi Ye, Fernandez Omar N., Taylor Larry R. Fatigue analysis and design of steel orthotropic deck for Bronx-Whitestone bridge, New York City. Transportation Research Board, 2004, vol. 1892, pp. 69-77.
12. Tsakopoulos Paul A., Fisher John W. Full-scale tests of steel orthotropic deck panel for the Bronx-Whitestone bridge rehabilitation. Bridge Structures, 2005, vol. 1, iss. 1, pp. 55-66.
- For citation: Uvarova N. B., Filatov V. V., Chubarova A. A. The Use of Generalized Equations of Finite Difference Method for Calculation of Orthotropic Plates. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 2, pp. 48-52. (In Russian).