- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- About Necessity of Investigation of Screw Piles Operation and Actualization of Standards of Design of Screw Pile Foundations
- UDC 624.154
Andrew G. ALEKSEEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stepan G. BEZVOLEV, e-mail: email@example.com
Pavel M. SAZONOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anton A. ZVEZDOV, e-mail: email@example.com
JSC Research Center of Construction, Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP) named after N. M. Gersevanov, 2-ya Institutskaya ul., Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
Abstract. Main and principal advantages of screw piles, which are used when constructing foundations of buildings and facilities, are considered in comparison with the classical types of pile foundations (driven, bored, etc.), The classification of screw piles, including multi-lapped piles, is presented in accordance with SP 24.13330.2011* (Rev. 1) Updated version of "SNiP 2.02.03-85 Pile foundations" is presented. The present state of the issue of designing efficient structures of screw piles, indicating the relevance of this scientific-technical problem in connection with insufficient development of building codes is outlined. On the example of main building regulations, obligatory for using in Russia, which regulate the design and application of screw piles, the necessity of actualization of the normative base is considered. This is due to the inability to effectively design and use the foundations of buildings and structures with the use of screw piles without the development of STC (special technical conditions), and pre-design development of constructive solutions, including field testing of soils with screw piles. The vital problems of experimental and theoretical studies of the interaction of screw piles with a soil massif, and the main directions of further study of this issue are formulated.
Key words: screw piles, multi-lapped piles, pile foundations, screw pile foundations, foundations.
1. Trofimenkov Yu. G., Mariupol'skiy L. G. Screw piles as foundations for masts and towers of transmission lines. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 1964, no. 4, pp. 15-19. (In Russian).
2. Zhelezkov V. N. Screw piles in the energy and other sectors of the construction. St. Petersburg, Pragma Publ., 2004. 150 p. (In Russian).
3. Perko H. A. Helical piles: a practical guide to design and installation. Hoboken (New Jersey), John Wiley & Sons, 2009. 511 p.
4. ASTM D 3689-90 (Reapproved 1995). Standard test method for individual piles under static axial tensile load. Annual Book of ASTM Standard, 1997, vol. 04.08, pp. 366-375.
5. Alekseev A. G., Zvezdov A. A. Device screw piles in permafrost soils. Proc. konf. "Sovremennye tekhnologii proektirovaniya i stroitel'stva fundamentov na mnogoletnemerzlykh gruntakh" [Modern technologies of design and construction of foundations on permafrost soils]. Moscow, 2016, pp. 27-31. (In Russian).
6. Alekseev A. G., Zvezdov A. A., Shuganov I. N., Anisimov D. Yu. A comprehensive study of multi-blade screw piles in the conditions of permafrost soils. Tezisy k dokladam XI Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma po problemam inzhenernogo merzlotovedeniya. Yakutsk, 2017, p. 189. (In Russian).
7. STÑ design with the use of multiblade steel screw piles SINTEK building foundations of the West Siberian complex deep processing of hydrocarbon raw material with appropriate common facilities. STI; OAO NITS "Stroitel'stvo". Moscow, 2014. (In Russian).
8. Berezantsev V. G. Raschet prochnosti osnovaniy sooruzheniy [Strength calculation of bases of structures]. Leningrad, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1960. 139 p. (In Russian).
9. Tertsagi K. Teoriya mekhaniki gruntov [The theory of soil mechanics]. Moscow, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1961. 507 p. (In Russian).
10. Randolph M. F., Wroth C. P. Analysis of deformation of vertically loaded piles. Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, 1978, vol. 104, no. 12, pp. 1465-1488.
11. Bezvolev S. G. Problems of design and analysis of foundations when large groups of piles and other vertical elements convert the soil massif. Geotekhnika, 2011, no. 3, pp. 30-67. (In Russian).
- For citation: Alekseev A. G., Bezvolev S. G., Sazonov P. M., Zvezdov A. A. About Necessity of Investigation of Screw Piles Operation and Actualization of Standards of Design of Screw Pile Foundations. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 1, pp. 43-47. (In Russian).