- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Application of Jet Grouting for Development of Underground Areas in St. Petersburg
- UDC 624.131
Sergey G. BOGOV, e-mail: email@example.com
PI "Georeconstruction", Izmaylovsky prosp., 4, St. Petersburg 190005, Russian Federation
Abstract. Jet grouting technology, which has been tested under the geotechnical conditions of St. Petersburg, provides effective solutions for a number of relevant geotechnical problems, including deepening of foundations of historical buildings, making soil-cement discs to fix fences of deep pits, construction of box soil-cement structures to organize underground spaces under the existing buildings. Studies show that in sandy and clayey soils jet grouting helps to make soil-cement with acceptable mechanical properties. When designing soil-cement structures, it is proposed to treat soil-cement as fine concrete of a low grade. When developing such megapolis as Saint-Petersburg, there is an urgent need for controlled transformation of properties of foundation soils and giving them the necessary properties (increase in strength and deformation modulus, reduction in water permeability). Jet grouting of soils is a technological process which, for creation of geo-massif with required properties, includes a complex of special works, for example, pilot well-drilling with washing of drill cuttings with water or solution, mixing of the site soils, as a rule, with cement solutions containing chemical additives and then reinforcement of the well. Jet technology is being introduced in Saint-Petersburg over 20 years, at first as a one-component, then - as two-component. Examples of calculations of soil-cement structures of different types are presented and examples of realization of project solutions at the sites in the historic center of St. Petersburg are considered.
Key words: jet grouting, soil grouting, soil-cement structure, reinforcement of foundations, deep pits, grout curtain.
1. Smorodinov M. I., Fedorov B. S. Ustroystvo fundamentov i konstruktsiy sposobom "stena v grunte" [The foundations and structures by way of "wall in soil"]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1986. 216 p. (In Russian).
2. Lyutov V. N., Shvetsov G. I., Kulikov S. K. Research and analysis of using modern jet geotechnologies for strengthening of loess soils in conditions of Western Siberia. Polzunovskiy vestnik, 2014, no. 1, pp. 95-100. (In Russian).
3. Mangushev R. A., Osokin A. I. Geotekhnika Sankt-Peterburga [Geotechnical Engineering of Saint Petersburg]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2010. 264 p. (In Russian).
4. Pettit P. Jet grouting: the pace quickens. Civil Engineering, 1988, August, pp. 65-68.
5. Ulitski V. M., Bogov S. G. Formation of piles with set strength characteristics. Grouting and Deep Mixing. Balkema, 1996, pp. 773-776.
6. Zuev S. S., Makovetskiy O. A., Khusainov I. I. The use of jet grouting for the underground parts of the complexes. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2013, no. 9, pp. 10-14. (In Russian).
7. Bezruk V. M. Teoreticheskie osnovy ukrepleniya gruntov tsementami [Theoretical basis of soil consolidation cements]. Moscow, Avtostroyizdat Publ., 1956. 248 p. (In Russian).
8. Goncharova L. V. Osnovy iskusstvennogo uluchsheniya gruntov (tekhnicheskaya melioratsiya gruntov) [Fundamentals of artificial improvement of soils (technical reclamation of soils)]. Moscow, MGU Publ., 1973. 376 p. (In Russian).
9. Bogov S. G., Zuev S. S. The experience of using inkjet technology for stabilization of soft soils during reconstruction of the building on Pochtamtskaya street in St. Petersburg. Materialy konf., posvyashchennoy 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya B. I. Dolmatova. SpbGASU Publ., 2010, pp. 80-87. (In Russian).
10. Bogov S. G. The use of cement mortars for the inkjet technology of grouting, taking into account their rheological properties. Gidrotekhnika, 2013, no. 4, pp. 84-86. (In Russian).
11. Van Impe V., Verastegi Flores V. D. Proektirovanie, stroitel'stvo i monitoring nasypey na shel'fe v usloviyakh slabykh gruntov [Design, construction and monitoring of embankments on the shelf under conditions of soft soils]. St. Petersburg, NPO "Georekonstruktsiya-Fundamentproekt" Publ., 2007. 168 p. (In Russian).
12. Gauf V. A. The development and improvement of the flushing system of extra barrels of production wells. Izvestiya vuzov. Seriya neft' i gaz, 2001, no. 4, pp. 34-38. (In Russian).
13. Shashkin A. G. Proektirovanie zdaniy i podzemnykh sooruzheniy v slozhnykh inzhenerno-geologicheskikh usloviyakh Sankt-Peterburga [The design of buildings and underground structures in difficult engineering-geological conditions of Saint Petersburg]. Moscow, Akademicheskaya nauka - Geomarketing Publ., 2014. 352 p. (In Russian).
14. Shashkin A. G., Shashkin K. G. Underground construction in Saint Petersburg: a brief overview of the technical solutions. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2016, no. 9, pp. 15-22. (In Russian).
15. Bogov S. G., Zapevalov I. A. Study of properties of solutions for injection based on cement for quality of grouting. Rekonstruktsiya gorodov i geotekhnicheskoe stroitel'stvo, 2000, no. 2, pp. 2-8. (In Russian).
16. Bogov S. G. The experience of strengthening the foundations of the old buildings using inkjet technology. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 2007, no. 3, pp. 28-32. (In Russian).
17. Proektirovanie i stroitel'stvo podzemnoy chasti novogo zdaniya (vtoroy stseny) Gosudarstvennogo akademicheskogo Mariinskogo teatra [Design and construction of the underground part of the new building (second stage) of the State academic Mariinsky theatre]. Sb. nauch.-tekhn. statey. St. Petersburg, SpbGASU Publ., 2011. 192 p. (In Russian).
18. Shashkin A. G., Voloboy S. A., Glybin L. A., Bukatov A. M., Bogov S. G. The problem of waterproofing underground structures (case study). Geotekhnika, 2017, no. 1, pp. 10-19. (In Russian).
19. Bogov S. G. The formation of the buried volume in the demon of the historical buildings under conditions of soft soils of Saint Petersburg. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2016, no. 4, pp. 60-64. (In Russian).
20. Khasin M. F., Malyshev L. I., Broid I. I. Jetgrouting technology for soils. Osnovaniia, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 1984, no. 5, pp. 10-12. (In Russian).
- For citation: Bogov S. G. Application of Jet Grouting for Development of Underground Areas in St. Petersburg. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2017, no. 12, pp. 31-43. (In Russian).