- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Principles of Monitoring of Mechanical Safety of Structures at Construction and Exploitation
- UDC 69.07
Alexei G. SHASHKIN
Vladimir M. ULITSKY
PI Georeconstruction, Izmailovsky prosp., 4, St. Petersburg 190005, Russian Federation, å-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. Monitoring is a continuous process of observations and registration of the object's parameters in comparison with the set criteria. The paper demonstrates the essence of monitoring of mechanical safety in new construction, reconstruction and exploitation of buildings and structures, including objects of historical heritage. The significance of monitoring is shown both as a means of control of preservation of urban development and as a preventive method, which provides timely identification and diagnostics of negative trends and allows taking adequate measures to normalize technical condition of a structure. There is a need to organize monitoring as an interactive process based on a computer model of soil-structure interaction. It allows to interpret adequately the monitoring results and to make back calculations to upgrade the initial calculation schemes and physical models of soils and materials. A conclusion is made that the monitoring can be an instrument for making new efficient structural and technological solutions. For this, on the basis of measurements under natural conditions, resources of bearing capacity of structures, a real field of stresses distribution can be determined and excessive reserves can be revealed.
Key words: monitoring of mechanical safety of structures, construction, reconstruction and exploitation of buildings, geo-technical monitoring, interactive process.
1. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G., Glozman L. M., Vyazemskiy A. M. Geotechnical monitoring in complex reconstruction on soft soils. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 1999, no. 5, pp. 15-18. (In Russian).
2. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G. Geotekhnicheskoe soprovozhdenie rekonstruktsii gorodov [Geotechnical support urban renewal]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 1999. 327 p. (In Russian).
3. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G. The concept of geotechnical support of construction and reconstruction for the new edition of the St. Petersburg geotechnical standards. Rekonstruktsiya gorodov i geotekhnicheskoe stroitel'stvo, 2003, no. 5, pp. 29-43. (In Russian).
4. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G., Shashkin K. G., Shashkin V. A. Osnovy sovmestnykh raschetov zdaniy i osnovaniy [A basis for joint calculations of buildings and grounds]. St. Petersburg, Georekonstruktsiya Publ., 2014. 328 p. (In Russian).
5. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G., Shashkin K. G. Geotekhnicheskoe soprovozhdenie razvitiya gorodov [Geotechnical support urban development]. St. Petersburg, Stroyizdat Severo-Zapad, Georekonstruktsiya Publ., 2010. 551 p. (In Russian).
6. Powderham A. J. The Observational method - learning from projects. Proc. Institution of Civil Engeneers, Geotechnical Engeneering (Apr. 13-17th), 2004, no. 1, pp. 59-69.
7. Golli A. V., Shashkin A. G. Monitoring the stress-strain state of soft clay soils (field observations, the deformation of the base of structures protecting St. Petersburg from floods). Rekonstruktsiya gorodov i geotekhnicheskoe stroitel'stvo, 2000, no. 1, pp. 115-126. (In Russian).
8. Shashkin A. G. Field observations of developing deformations of soft clay soils in the pits. Inzhenernaya geologiya, 2011, no. 2, pp. 18-24. (In Russian).
9. Ulitskiy V. M., Shashkin A. G. Field studies as a basis for developing the methodology of calculating stress-strain state of the soil when the device of underground constructions. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 2011, no. 4, pp. 2-9. (In Russian).
10. Shashkin A. G. Proektirovanie zdaniy i podzemnykh sooruzheniy v slozhnykh inzhenerno-geologicheskikh usloviyakh Sankt-Peterburga [The design of buildings and underground structures in difficult engineering-geological conditions of St. Petersburg]. Moscow, Akademicheskaya nauka - Geomarketing Publ., 2014. 352 p. (In Russian).
11. Shashkin A. G., Bogov S. G. The use of technology jet grouting when the device of underground volume in a weak clay soils. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2014, no. 9, pp. 27-33. (In Russian).
12. Shashkin A. G. The modification of the TOP-DOWN for conditions of restoration and reconstruction of historical buildings. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2009, no. 2, pp. 12-14. (In Russian).
13. Shashkin A. G., Shashkin K. G., Vasenin V. A. The characteristics of the foundations of high-rise buildings taking into account the work of the aerial structures in engineering-geological conditions of St. Petersburg. Razvitie gorodov i geotekhnicheskoe stroitel'stvo, 2005, no. 9, pp. 71-79. (In Russian).
14. Vasenin V. A. Evaluation of development residue of the historical area of Saint-Petersburg on the results of observations since the late nineteenth century. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 2013, no. 4, pp. 2-7. (In Russian).
- For citation: Shashkin A. G., Ulitsky V. M. Principles of Monitoring of Mechanical Safety of Structures at Construction and Exploitation. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2017, no. 12, pp. 6-14.